The Church of the Nazarene, started in 1908, is an international movement with churches all over the world. Each week, Nazarenes worship in more than 212 languages or tribal languages, with literature produced in 90 of these. The church operates 33 medical clinics and hospitals worldwide. This missionary enterprise is made possible by the contributions of the global Nazarene family. Nazarenes also engage in starting new churches and congregations by praying, giving, and supporting worldwide volunteers and contracted missionaries.
The Fort Mill Church of the Nazarene was organized on September 7 1939, by Rev. Harry E. Crump. The organization with less than a dozen members, was effected at the close of tent revival servies conducted at 105 Harris Street. The congregation continued to assemble in a store building on South White Street. Rev. Crump served as pastor for about two months along with his duties as pastor of the First Church of the Nazarene in Rock Hill. The church organization was completed and set in order by District Superintendent Rev. P.P. Belew, wth a charter membership of approximately twenty. Rev. Ansel Forsythe was called as the first full-time pastor, and under his leadership, a building was erected at 105 Harris St.
In 1955, Rev, Raymond Deshon led the congregation in constructing the church building now in use at 109 Harris Street, the sanctuary of which was completed during the ministry of Rev. C. M. Knight. The first service was held in the new sanctuary in April 1957.
The following have served the church as pastor: Rev. Ansel Forsythe, 1939-41; Rev. H.M. Watson, 1941-42; Rev. V.E. Coursey, 1942-44; Rev. Ansel Forsythe (second term), 1944-45; Rev H.V. Yates, 1946; Rev R.T. McElveen, 1946-50; Rev, Raymond Deshon, 1950-56; Rev C. M. Knight, 1956-60; Rev. Harold Mills, 1960-62; Rev. B.W. Downing, 1962-72; Rev Mickey G. Smith, 1972-76; Rev. Robert Sumner, 1976-82; Rev. Paul Newby, 1982-83; Rev Jay Smith, 1983-85; Rev, John Clayton, (Interim) 1985; Rev. Harry J. Widener, 1985-96; Rev.;Charles W. Ellis 1996-1998; Rev. Robert Cook 1999-2002; Rev Aubrey D. Smith 2002-2014; Rev. Joshua A. Fite 2015-Present.